Thursday, April 16, 2015

My "BEAT"


          What is a “beat”? What is your “beat”? Well a beat is the place where you spend most of your time here at Avila University. It is the place where you get most of your thinking, homework and thoughts all together. My beat happens to be the library commons. It is one of those places where you can come and let out all of the stresses and anxiety to work to eliminate them. It has various tools that help you get the things you need done. Eleesha Finell, an avid library user, said "I like going to the new library because it gives the students more options to study or work.

         When I need to use the computer, they have plenty that are always open. I can grab an empty seat in front of one and work on my homework til it is finished. They also recently got MAC computers, which are nice because you can do a lot more on those. My personal favorite thing about this place is that all the computer tables have round foot rests underneath them. Talk about ultimate comfort right there. It takes a lot for me to not fall asleep in my Beat location. When I need to study, my beat has small, glass study rooms. These rooms have dry erase walls and a table to do your homework or studying on. These are really beneficial because I can write down what I am trying to study in order to learn it effectively. The environment is so quiet too, that you are able to think without distractions. An Avila student, Logan Arcano, said, “The small study rooms provide the ideal environment a college student needs to be successful in studying.” It seems to be common thought between a lot of students here at Avila.

         The library commons has really stepped up its game with technology purposes. Each study room, or just room in general, has a TV in the wall. You can connect your computer to the TV and display whatever you choose. They are really nice for when you have a presentation and need to practice it. An Avila student, Yhonny Sterling, said “the TV’s really help me practice and get my presentations almost perfect, they are really useful.”


         The library commons is a great Beat location because of its useful tools it possesses. I think that it is a place that many people will choose to have the Beat location. You can almost do anything there. The best part about my Beat location is that sometimes there are donuts!

heres a video: https://youtu.be/Hw-XSlh1Qqs

No comments:

Post a Comment